Re: [Banshee-devel-list] Equalizer for GStreamer

On 1/14/07, Aaron Bockover <abockover novell com> wrote:

If it were LGPL, it'd be easier to work with. Why it's not LGPL, I don't
know. That's a pretty poor decision considering the nature of the code
(a plugin/library).

Eh :-/.

May be I could try contacting the 3 people who worked on it and ask
them for a relicense (MIT or in the worse case LGPL)? I am not sure
how in particulare this should work, but i guess with the written
permission of the authors or may be with a copy of each source code
file with a MIT/LGPL header? My confusion is that the original author
of the first version of the code for xmms is involved, but most of the
code in the repository is completly different now. Thus should I ask
for the original author to relicense his original code and then ask
the others to relicense their derived work.

Licensing confuses me a lot!!! Also I believe that noone is going to
nor has the time, to write an equalizer from scratch (otherwise said -
reinvent the wheel). So it might be worth a shot.

Cheers,
--
Ivan N. Zlatev

Web: http://www.i-nZ.net
"It's all some kind of whacked out conspiracy."