Re: Trying to build on Mint 20 ... [msg2mw gmail com]

On 10/04/2021 04:41:44 PM, Jack via balsa-list wrote:
On 2021.10.04 18:29, Mike Witt via balsa-list wrote:
Those look OK to me.  Can you post part of config.log?

I'm so sorry. I didn't really know about config.log. I'm really not used to doing this. There are some very obvious errors in there, for example:
When things go well, config.log becomes irrelevant. It helps when things do not go well, as now. Also, "obvious" is a very relative term. Once you have much more experience tracking down problems like this, you will recognize that those particular errors are really not important at all (more below.)

gcc: error: unrecognized command line option '-V'
gcc: fatal error: no input files
gcc: error: unrecognized command line option '-qversion'; did you mean '--version'?
gcc: fatal error: no input files
gcc: error: unrecognized command line option '-V'
gcc: fatal error: no input files
gcc: error: unrecognized command line option '-qversion'; did you mean '--version'?
gcc: fatal error: no input files

Do you want me to post the whole log?

It should not be necessary, but don't try to extract single lines. Post the contiguous set of the last twenty or so lines before:

## ---------------- ##
## Cache variables. ##
## ---------------- ##

Sorry, I thought I did that. Here they are. It seems to be looking for "enchant.pc" -- as far as I can tell, I don't have that (or I don't know where to look for it).

configure:14357: $? = 1
configure:14371: $PKG_CONFIG --exists --print-errors " enchant != 1.6.1 "
Package enchant was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `enchant.pc'
No package 'enchant' found
configure:14374: $? = 1
configure:14388: result: no
No package 'enchant' found
configure:14404: error: Package requirements ( enchant != 1.6.1 ) were not met:

No package 'enchant' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables SPELL_CFLAGS
and SPELL_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

## ---------------- ##
## Cache variables. ##
## ---------------- ##

ac_cv_build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu