Re: Trying to build on Mint 20 ... [msg2mw gmail com]

On 10/04/2021 01:35:26 PM, Jack via balsa-list wrote:

The full configure command line you used, with all parameters and switches. (I don't expect there to be a problem there, but you never know.)

I'm just saying ./configure

I don't know if it will help, but try creating a new directory "build" there, cd into it, then do ../configure. The other thing you might try is to use meson. It works pretty much the same - cd into build, then "meson ..". I'm still trying to figure out why configure is failing for me.

I made a new subdirectory and did ../configure -- no difference.

I don't know anything about "meson" but I installed it, and in that same subdirectory I just typed: meson It still complained about "enchant" not being found. But maybe meson needs some parameters or something.

I've got a /usr/bin/enchant, /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/enchant, and /usr/share/enchant -- if that helps.