Re: HTML rendering in Balsa ?

Hi Paul!

On 08/07/2021 02:14:37 PM Sat, Paul Lewis via balsa-list wrote:

Hi All,

I'm currently using Balsa v2.5.6, and for a while now, I've noticed that  none of the HTML emails rendered in
HTML, all I get is a blank page.

( I can left click on the blank page and if I select open in Firefox, I get the email rendered correctly, any
other options on the menu give html code ).

I've seen discussion of HTML rendering of emails and perhaps this is a known issue? So is the advice to
simply upgrade?

Yes, 2.5.6 had that issue with HTML message parts, and the next few releases had a number of fixes and
improvements. AAIR, HTML rendering has been fairly stable since 2.5.9, so 2.5.11 should be OK, if you can get
it built. Version 2.6.2 has a number of security enhancements.

As I'm running a flavor of Debian, I expect the balsa repository has not been updated in a while. Anyway, I'm
trying to install 2.5.11  but during .configure I get the following message.

checking for SPELL... no
configure: error: Package requirements ( enchant != 1.6.0 ) were not met:

Requested 'enchant != 1.6.0' but version of libenchant is 1.6.0

Balsa had some problems with the 1.6.x versions of libenchant. Currently the only version that is *excluded* is
1.6.1, so apparently some way was found to live with 1.6.0 and >= 1.6.2. Enchant2 is currently preferred,
though. This too is probably handled better in Balsa version 2.6.2.

Enchant -v
International Ispell Version 3.1.20 (but really Enchant 1.6.0)

Which implies to me I've the correct version Enchant installed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Regards
Paul