Re: [Patch] Bug fix: S/MIME cert chain broken in identity key selection

On 01/22/2020 01:45:33 PM Wed, Albrecht Dreß wrote:
Hi all,

I noticed that Balsa throws a CRITICAL when I try to view the certification chain of a S/MIME certificate
selected in the Identity dialogue.  The reason: the fingerprint is not passed to function
libbalsa_gpgme_key().  However, this parameter is reserved for the fingerprint of a signature's subkey.

The simple solution: if the passed fingerprint is NULL, use the one of the first subkey.  If that one is
/still/ NULL, display a message about a probably broken key instead of throwing the CRITICAL.

The attached patch is suitable for both the master and gmime3 branches.

Opinions?

Thanks for the patch--looks good!