Re: html content ignored

Hi Michiel:

On 05/25/2019 09:20:03 AM Sat, Peter Bloomfield wrote:
…
 I just built Balsa from it with:

/configure --with-libsecret --with-gtksourceview --with-gpgme

That's './configure --with-libsecret --with-gtksourceview --with-gpgme'
                 ^
of course😊️

make
src/balsa

and  again it shows no HTML content.

I'm puzzled about what has happened. I was using Balsa built from git's master branch around the time the
tarball was made, and I don't recall any version that had HTML issues. Balsa's HTML code has seen a few
changes since 25.6 was released, and of course WebKit has been updated continually, but as far as I know none
of the changes were related to a blank page.

So if I understand correctly, upgrading to F30 won't resolve the issue?
So I guess the best way to proceed is to file a bug at Fedora? I have a
https://bugzilla.redhat.com account. (Any addional information I should
submit?)

So no, a Fedora bug would just be bumped upstream, because any build from that tarball can show the issue.
Waiting for the forthcoming new release may be the best option.

…and 2.5.7 was in the works as I wrote![0] I tested the tarball with the same configure options, and it
renders HTML content correctly. A Fedora package should be available soon.

Best

Peter (still puzzled about 2.5.6…)

[0] https://mail.gnome.org/archives/balsa-list/2019-May/msg00018.html