Re: [Security Patch] mitigate “Re: What's Up Johnny?” vulnerabilities

Hi Peter!

Am 22.05.19 17:30 schrieb(en) Peter Bloomfield:
Thanks for the patch--looks good to me!

Thanks a lot for pushing!

We may get some pushback from translators over markup in translated strings, but these strings look to me like the
"tricky cases" in <URL:https://wiki.gnome.org/Initiatives/GnomeGoals/RemoveMarkupInMessages>, so they should
be OK.

Yes…  We actually could completely omit the markup, but then IMHO it would be more difficult to draw the
user's attention to them.

BTW, regarding the (possible) upcoming release: I /hope/ I don't have any more strings which might get
modified.  If we decide to clean up the Gnome stuff nothing should be modified.  I.e. you could announce the
freeze if you like.

If we make gpgme mandatory, this /might/ make a few strings obsolete, though.

And I noticed some strange translations for German – where would be the right place to report them?  As
Gitlab issues?

Cheers,
Albrecht.