Re: Please make Balsa more robust

On 04/10/2019 01:28:43 PM Wed, Albrecht Dreß wrote:
Hi Helmut!

Am 10.04.19 13:56 schrieb(en) Helmut Jarausch via balsa-list:
sometimes I get emails which crash Balsa on my machine (Gentoo Linux / Balsa GIT).

Ouch – bad news!  Are these crashes reproducible, i.e. is there any message which does *always* trigger the
crash?  Did you try to run balsa in gdb, and did the crash produce a usable backtrace (enter “bt full” in
gdb)?

If you need some example emails I'd like to supply these - please tell where I should
upload these since they are too large to be appended here.

Samples which trigger the crashes would be extremely helpful!

Probably the easiest way: create a new mbox mailbox, copy some of the offending messages to it, and then gzip
the file and send it to my private address.  As I can test on Debian and Ubuntu only, maybe Peter is also
interested in it?

Yes, please!

*Please remember to remove sensitive private information from the mbox file before submitting it!*

Could you also include the configure command line, e.g by calling “head -10
/path/to/balsa/git/folder/config.log”?

Thanks in advance,
Albrecht.