Re: wishlist items

Hi Jack,

On 10/29/2018 05:41:18 PM Mon, Jack via balsa-list wrote:
Let me know if there is any better way to submit these so they don't get forgotten, even if they stay low
priority.

You could open an issue at <URL:https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/balsa/issues>☺

1) I would love a command/button to go to the next mailbox with an unread message.  I often have one or two
mailboxes with lots of unread, but I sometimes want to defer dealing with them until later, and just move on.
 Now I have to scroll through the mailbox list (which I fortunately usually keep fully expanded) and look for
another bold item. (There is an alternative which is to select the first mailbox in the list and go to next
unread.  Then go the the mailbox after the one with lots of messages and go to next unread.  A single
command/menu item/button would be easier.

Looks like a small amount of code, but yet another UI item: "Next mailbox with unread message"?

2) Compose a new message to the sender of the message I'm currently reading.  This is usually relevant for a
mailing list, where I read a message, and think of a new topic, so I don't want to simply reply, since my new
message should not be threaded under the current one.

Ditto! "New message to sender"?

3) Provide a single button to clear the search box (default: Subject or Sender Contains:)  Many applications I use have
text search boxes, which when you start typing, get a black square with a bulge on the left with a white X show up a
the right end of the box.  Click it, and it clears anything you have typed.  Hitting a single button to clear the field
is easier than selecting the entire contents and then hitting "Del".

Perhaps the text should be selected when the search completes; then typing anything would first clear it.
Another avenue: Gtk has a GtkSearchBar widget that we've never explored; possibly we could use it to make
Balsa's search options more consistent with other Gtk-based apps. I don't know if it works the way you would
like, though.

Thanks.

Jack

Thanks for the thoughts!