Re: GIT version - no display of html messages

On 2018.07.04 19:06, Peter Bloomfield wrote:
On 07/04/2018 05:13:55 PM Wed, Jack via balsa-list wrote:
…
One more possible heads up on a potential issue. I sometimes (depending on specific configure parameters) get an error about not finding enchant <=1.6.0. I think that might mainly be with the internal spell checker. Using either external spell checker, balsa only checks for it, and lets (I assume) it deal with required version of enchant. In my case, gspell is happily using enchant 2.1.1, but I think that migh have taken some patching - I know enchant 2.x is still marked as very unstable on gentoo, so anywhere it does work is still a special case for now.

Jack

The only enchant issue that I recall was with version 1.6.1. Balsa checks for version >= 2.0 or <= 1.6, so 2.1.1 should be fine, provided you have the -devel package.

I'll let you know the next time I see it, but the error was that it found 2.1.1 but wanted <=1.6.0. It might be only with the configure version and not meson?