Re: [Patch?] minor issue with highlighting URLs in plain text emal

Hi Albrecht,

On 2018.07.03 15:18, Albrecht Dreß wrote:
Hi Jack:

Can you try the attached trivial patch? It simply forces the URI regexp /not/ to end in a “.” character. Please note that this is /wrong/ according to RFC 3986 which allows URI's to end with a dot, but should fix the issue for the vast majority of cases in the wild (the correct approach is to enclose the URI in <…> as below). I guess it will also break multiline uri's where the first line ends with a dot, but that seems to be a /very/ exceptional case.
Yes, it works.