Re: possible new sort option

Just for info, I did get a response to my message to JWZ.  I'll forward it later, but I think he agrees that it should be reasonable to not try to thread messages which don't use the Response headers properly (or at all, actually).  Unfortunately, I think there are enough still used mail readers that do this (not using Response) as witnessed by many mailing list responses that lose threading in Pan, which I am assuming is threading without just using Subject:.

I still need to work through the JWZ algorithm in detail to see if there are other options, as he did point out this problem shows up in the fallback stuff when there are no References.