Re: Missing configuration dialog for SMTP

On 2018.04.24 01:00, Vitus Jensen wrote:
Hi all,

after a long time of writing mail on the Mobil and via Browser this morning a mailto: link started Balsa and I thought "well, why not". There were some struggles with a missing local "Outbox" but even after I fixed that the sending failed. Probably because fastmail now requires an app-specific password.

Problem is ... where do I configure the SMTP Server? I can find fastmail mentioned in ./balsa/config, but under Settings->Identities the "SMTP Server" is named "Default" and no other dialog allows to configure an SMTP Server. Where are the settings for "Default" supposed to be shown?

This is Balsa 2.4.12 under Debian Stretch.

Best regards,
   Vitus
2.4.12 is kind of old at this point, 2.5.5 was released some months ago. Although there have been some changes to mail sending and fetching, I don't remember the main configuration location changing.

Have you looked under the Balsa/Preferences menu? Upper section says "Remote mailbox servers" for POP3 or IMPAP, and lower section is "Outgoing mail servers" SMTP. Then under Balsa/Settings/dentities..., on the Messages tab, you select which SMTP server that identity uses.

Jack