Re: Transient SMTP errors

Am 28.05.17 20:09 schrieb(en) JohnJackDoe tele2 de:
My proposal is that the user has an additional 'send to queue' button. This would flag (on hold) the message
and send it  to the queue only without further action. The already available 'send' button would send it not
flagged (ready for transfer) to queue for immediate transfer.

What exactly would be the difference to the behaviour of the existing “File → Send” and “File → Queue”
composer menu items?  Or is just the toolbar button missing for the latter?

The retry timeout (client has given up and noticed the user) should be user adjustable

The client timeouts are defined by RFC 5321, sect. 4.5.3.2.1. - 4.5.3.2.6., inclusively.

and the retry timer (time interval for retry) too.

Yes.  I'm working on an implementation which will have a range of 1..120 minutes.

Cheers,
Albrecht.