Re: Preparing for Gtk+ version 4

Hi,

On 01/20/2017 01:04:06 AM, Peter Bloomfield wrote:
Hi Albrecht:

On 01/19/2017 01:53:34 PM Thu, Albrecht Dreß wrote:
Hi Peter:

Am 19.01.17 00:52 schrieb(en) Peter Bloomfield:
We have only recently rationalized Balsa's git structure for Gtk+ version 3, and version 4 is already in development. Trying to build Balsa in jhbuild against Gtk+ master shows that the API, still unstable, has changed materially. We need a strategy to take advantage of the new version, while continuing to support building with the stable version 3.

Unfortunately, there are still distos (e.g. Debian and Ubuntu) shipping with 2.4.*. Did anyone point their package maintainers to Balsa 2.5? I mentioned this earlier [1] on this list, but never got a reply...

Anyone?
I just wanted to file a bug for Debian. This is the message I got from reportbug:

***
Your version (2.4.12-3+b1) of balsa appears to be out of date.
The following newer release(s) are available in the Debian archive:
  experimental: 2.5.3-1
***

According to <https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/balsa>, it has been accepted to experimental on 2017-01-05, so hopefully, it will be in sid soon!

Best regards