Re: configure options - problem

On 4/20/2017 6:08 PM, Peter Bloomfield wrote:
Hi Jack:

On 04/19/2017 11:26:07 AM Wed, Jack wrote:
…
Hi Peter,

That does make sense. With that info, I'm not sure which option I would prefer. Most of the time, it wouldn't cause any issues, but I'm building manually, so there is no automatic handling of dependencies. In this (very uncommon) case, I would prefer to simply omit any spell checking, since I'm only doing this install to test Albrecht's patch for popfile. If this were to be supported, then enchant shouldn't be needed. However, given the likely and more common scenarios, I would just change the configure --help output either as you say (spell=internal) or at least to be more explicit that spell=no means internal.

I replaced "no" with "internal", and dropped "external" here and there. I considered adding a real "no means no" option, but the spell-checking code is such a rat's nest of ifdefs that I just couldn't work up the energy!

Best,

Peter
Thanks. A real "no means no" would be nice, but there are certainly other things of higher priority. I'll check this out once I work my way through actually getting balsa to work in my Kubuntu VBox. Based on Albrecht's latest response, I suspect I've been running a version that actually includes pieces from different compile attempts, i.e., if make -k does have some failured, then although I can do a "make install" the binary is probably from an earlier attempt, not that one. I'm still trying to assure a clean build and install without starting totally from scratch.

Jack