Re: [Patch] [Part 0/3] Support for Osmo address book

On 2016.11.10 13:55, Albrecht Dreß wrote:
Am 10.11.16 05:38 schrieb(en) Peter Bloomfield:
Thanks for the patches, and for the negotiations with the Osmo devs!

It all looks good: builds and runs, with or without Osmo support. Pushed to master!

Wow, *that* was fast!  Thank you so much for pushing!

Porting Osmo from legacy GtkSpell to Gspell would be nice, but relevant only because Balsa no longer depends on GtkSpell.

Hmmm, please correct me if I'm wrong - but this is basically a problem for disto packagers, isn't it? As we communicate with Osmo just by IPC, it's more or less irrelevant how it is actually implemented, right? That's what makes IPC so cool...

Cheers
Albrecht.
Albrecht,

I almost sent this before seeing Peter's reply, but I do have a separate issue. I'm trying to install Osmo on my Gentoo box. The ebuild their site links to is for 0.2.10. I'm trying to modify it to use 0.2.14 (before I try for current svn version) and seem stuck on it wanting libwebkit for html rendering in order to get contacts. My understanding is that libwebkit has become libwebkitgtk. Before I go down a rabbit hole of creating bad patches and symlinks, is the svn version any different in that dependency? Do you know if they are planning on updating that?

Thanks for any info.

Jack