Re: [Patch] [Part 0/3] Support for Osmo address book

Hi Albrecht,

On Nov 10, 2016, at  1:55 PM, Albrecht Dreß wrote:
Hi Peter:

Am 10.11.16 05:38 schrieb(en) Peter Bloomfield:
Thanks for the patches, and for the negotiations with the Osmo devs!

It all looks good: builds and runs, with or without Osmo support. Pushed to master!

Wow, *that* was fast!  Thank you so much for pushing!

You're welcome :-)

Porting Osmo from legacy GtkSpell to Gspell would be nice, but relevant only because Balsa no longer depends on GtkSpell.

Hmmm, please correct me if I'm wrong - but this is basically a problem for disto packagers, isn't it? As we communicate with Osmo just by IPC, it's more or less irrelevant how it is actually implemented, right? That's what makes IPC so cool...

Oh, yes, it was just mildly irritating to see the dependency. I started with the Fedora Osmo package, and that dragged in gtkspell (not gtkspell3). I suppose if I'd gone straight to cvs I would have needed only gtkspell3, and that's used by several apps, so it would have been less noticeable!

Best,