Re: Data copy error

On 05/27/2016 08:22:26 PM, Albrecht Dreß wrote:
Hi Andreas:

Am 27.05.16 19:08 schrieb(en) Andreas Schmidt:
$ ldd $(which balsa) | grep gmime
libgmime-2.6.so.0 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgmime-2.6.so.0 (0xb76a2000)
***
That should also be OK. So why does balsa refuse to write to that file?

Good question. By simulating a HUGE sentbox (2.5 GB, with a lot of disk space left), I can actually reproduce the issue. As I said before, I guess it comes from gmime, but I will try to track it down in gdb, stay tuned...
OK, I'll wait!

Did you install the devel packages? For jessie, the minimum is (if you want encryption support) 'sudo apt-get install libgtk-3-dev libgpgme11-dev libgmime-2.6-dev libesmtp-dev' which should drag in all required dependencies (glib, gio, ...). You probably want more, e.g. libgtksourceview-3.0-dev, libgtkspell3-3-dev, ... Run 'configure --help' to get a list of supported features.
I'll try that later -- I'm still afraid of gtk-3! I recently installed some package from 3.20, and everything looked horrible, buttons were missing etc. As I said, I use mate-desktop. Upstream claims that version 1.14 has full GTK-3 support for themes, but it is not yet in Debian. Meanwhile, I'll keep carefully away from the new GTK-3 stuff. This way, I might not have a super mail client, but I can use the rest of the system efficiently. :-)

Thanks for your effort, and a nice weekend

Andreas

PS: I've been subscribed to this list for years (mostly lurking, though), so you can just reply to the list. :-)