Re: Data copy error

Hi Andreas:

Am 27.05.16 19:08 schrieb(en) Andreas Schmidt:
$ ldd $(which balsa) | grep gmime
        libgmime-2.6.so.0 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgmime-2.6.so.0 (0xb76a2000)
***
That should also be OK. So why does balsa refuse to write to that file?

Good question.  By simulating a HUGE sentbox (2.5 GB, with a lot of disk space left), I can actually
reproduce the issue.  As I said before, I guess it comes from gmime, but I will try to track it down in gdb,
stay tuned...

Then I downloaded the tarball (2.5.2), but ./autogen.sh --enable-all stops again because certain packages
could not be found (and are not available in the repository):

If you want to try the bleeding edge developments, use the 'gtk3' (2.5.x) git branch.  Please note that the
development for the 2.4 branch has more or less stopped.

configure: error: Package requirements (
glib-2.0 >= 2.32.0
gtk+-3.0 >= 3.4.0
gmime-2.6
gio-2.0
gthread-2.0
 gio-unix-2.0
) were not met:

Did you install the devel packages?  For jessie, the minimum is (if you want encryption support) 'sudo
apt-get install libgtk-3-dev libgpgme11-dev libgmime-2.6-dev libesmtp-dev' which should drag in all required
dependencies (glib, gio, ...).  You probably want more, e.g. libgtksourceview-3.0-dev, libgtkspell3-3-dev,
...  Run 'configure --help' to get a list of supported features.

Best,
Albrecht.