Re: balsa

On 06/16/16 14:15:10, Peter Bloomfield wrote:
Hi Bob,

On 06/16/2016 06:35:06 AM Thu, Bob Goodwin wrote:

I just went through the Balsa setup routine on an up to date Fedora 24 beta vm on the same computer I have been working on with the following errors from debug.

Note: I now have balsa running on three computers and I believe they all work properly, two desktops and a Dell notebook, all Fedora 23 updated and XFCE.

[bobg@box10vm24 ~]$ balsa

(balsa:30114): Gtk-WARNING **: Failed to register client: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.gnome.SessionManager was not provided by any .service files I just thought I would ask for what to try before I mes with it myself ...

That all looks pretty harmless. I've seen similar Gtk-WARNINGS, with no obvious issues. The "No cache..." message is normal for the first time an IMAP folder is used, and "quitting" isn't serious.

I don't see anything that would lead to problems.

Peter
+

Yes, so I was told by Ed Greshko, it [in Fedora 24] still wasn't receiving but I haven't had time to find what's wrong there, the install didn't go smoothly and I find that once I start "fixing" stuff there are strange problems that happen. If the install works right off then Balsa seems to just work.

I've changed the theme and the Fedora 23 instances work well, I've been using it. I need to find a spell checker.

Bob