Re: Touch UI

Am 07.06.16 18:21 schrieb(en) Peter Bloomfield:
For example, if someone were interested in attempting to port Balsa to Android, would that code be of any
use, or would it require a fresh start?  (Although I do have an interest, I have no experience with
developing for Android, so I don't know how much of the code needs to be different from the base Linux/Posix
code.)

There seems to be something like a Gtk/Android port [1], but apparently in a very early state ("0.1alpha
version").

The touch-ui effort began inn 2004; see the threads
<URL:https://mail.gnome.org/archives/balsa-list/2004-June/msg00063.html> and
<URL:https://mail.gnome.org/archives/balsa-list/2004-July/msg00096.html>. My guess is that the target devices would
be quite different now, and a fresh start would be needed.

Agree.  Apart from that, the 2004 code was written for Gtk2, not Gtk3, which would require lots of
modifications anyway.

Peter, I fully agree with you and also vote for cleaning those parts!

Related to that, I added support for Mac OS X ages ago ("HAVE_MACOSX_DESKTOP").  I must admit that I didn't
try it again for almost the same time...  However, Gtk/Mac seems to be actively supported [2].  I will look into that.

Cheers,
Albrecht.

[1] <https://github.com/eugals/GTKAndroid>
[2] <http://www.gtk.org/download/macos.php>