Re: Anyone else seeing slow gmail

Hi Jack:

Am 21.07.16 22:02 schrieb(en) Jack:
Balsa 2.5.2, as built under Gentoo.  However, I have compiled from source before, and can easily do so again.
 Oddly, my local git version claims to be many commits ahead, so I'm going to wipe it out and clone a new
copy.

2.5.2 contains my patch, so the TLSv1.2 /should/ be used...

Openssl 1.0.2h, as build under Gentoo.  I do have the option of using libressl 2.4.1 if it would be any
better.  I also see openssl was explicitly compiled with sslv3.

OpenSSL 1.0.2 for sure will support TLSv1.2.  The fact that SSLv3 is still included (for some legacy apps,
probably) doesn't do any harm.  You can give LibreSSL a try, but it shouldn't make any difference.

I have libesmtp 1.0.6.

Here we are lost, as there have been no changes (including no security fixes) since ages...

Please remember that I might be totally wrong looking at possible TLS issues... :-/

Cheers,
Albrecht.