Re: Recipient list

Hi André:

On 03/10/2015 11:56:20 PM Tue, andré wrote:
Peter Bloomfield a écrit :
Dear List,

We recently needed to change the recipient list widget, to reflect the
absence of the "gtk-close" widget in current distros. The current
replacement is "window-close", which is listed in the freedesktop.org
specification
<http://standards.freedesktop.org/icon-naming-spec/latest/>. However,
Gtk code uses instead "window-close-symbolic", a hard-clipped version;
Balsa could use the same icon, since it is guaranteed to be available.
Opinions?
Sounds good to me.

OK--all "window-close" icons have been replaced with the symbolic versions--I think it keeps Balsa consistent
with other Gtk-based apps.

Separate question: the widget has a button with a red book icon to open
the address book. Since this is a "search" action, we could use the
"system-search" icon instead (it's usually a stylized magnifier glass),
which might be more recognizable to a new user. Making that change would
take one file from the list that Balsa has to install, which seems like
a win-win. Opinions?
I don't think of accessing the address book as a "search" action, so for me it would be counter-intuitive.
It would probably be the same for most new users.  Although it could be seen as a manual search, I would prefer using a
book, which corresponds nicely to the physical equivalent.  (It wouldn't have to be red ;) )
If you use "address-book", it could well be the next addition to the recommended names.  (Note that there is already
"address-book-new" under "actions".)

OK--I respect your opinion!