"double line-spacing" in main mailbox pane?

I actually _have_ read the documentation, and if this question is answered anywhere, I can't find the info
... apologies.

Having said that, this may be a stoopid question, but with all releases AFTER balsa-2.4.12-2 (Fedora fc20),
the line spacing on the mailbox pane has changed from "single spacing" to "double spacing" - adding
significant amounts of white space between the entries on mailbox panel on the screen.  This change occurs in
the pane displaying the contents of my inbox.

However for some reason I can't fathom it occurs RANDOMLY on most of the other mailboxes I have.

That is - for instance - I save all my correspondence in a mailbox named "balsa."  Sometimes with some
releases (since 2.4.12-2) it comes up with double spacing and with single for others.  Again, I don't have a
clue as to why.

I have no idea why the change occurred, and I cannot find a configuration parameter to change to revert to
the previous "single spacing".  (That's why I have continued to go back to the 2.4.12-2 release over and over
and ...).

This change is a problem for me because it cuts the number of emails displayed at any time by 50%, and I
really prefer the previous spacing which puts more information on the screen at one time.  (Yes I can scroll
to the end, but if you have a LARGE mailbox with hundreds (thousands?) of emails in it, this is an
inconvenience).

Is there any way to change the spacing to eliminate all the unnecessary white space between the entries?

Thanks
 - WWA
--
william w. austin                                     airedad att net
"life is just another phase i'm going through. this time, anyway ..."