Re: Configuration for mark/unmark unread new messages as old

On 2015.04.14 09:02, José Romildo Malaquias wrote:
On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 07:36:52AM -0400, Peter Bloomfield wrote:
> On 04/14/2015 05:30:03 AM Tue, José Romildo Malaquias wrote:

I would like to be able to choose if unread new messages should be marked as old. Something similar to the mark_old setting we have in mutt.

> Does Message => Toggle Flag => New not do what you want?

No. This action just adds a header line "Status: O". That is, it sets the status of the message as "Old". The message is considered as old and unread.

I would like to be able to just remove the "Old" status of the message so that it will be considered new and unread.

I also would like to have such configurayion for all folders at once, not just as an action in a given message.

Currently if I use balsa for reading a few of the many new messages in my set of mail folders, and then exit balsa, all those new messages that was not read get the status of "Old". I just want this behaviour to be optional. This way I would have the possibility of not adding the "Status: Old" header line by balsa.

This is important to me because currently I use mutt as my mail client, but I want to partially migrate to a graphical mail client and would like it to be balsa. There are some circunstances where I want to still use mutt. So basically I will be interchangeably using mutt and balsa for reading mail. And I want mutt to see the new unread messages after using balsa as really new, and not as old.

Currently mutt has such configuration option. See http://www.mutt.org/doc/manual/manual-6.html