Re: Please help access gmail with IMAP

Hi Gerardo,

On 04/06/2015 03:33:17 PM Mon, Gerardo Ballabio wrote:
Thanks for your answer Peter.

In fact, when I checked my mailbox again, I found that Google sent me
a message to inform that they had blocked an attempt to access my
account and if that was really me, there's a configuration switch to
enable access to "less secure applications".

Huh--that's odd, I don't see any switch like that on my GMail webpage--and I don't recall using any setting
like that when I set up GMail for IMAP access. But that was two or three years ago--everyone's become a bit
more focused on security since then!

Please keep sharing your experience on this list!