Re: Feature request: easier opeartion in thread view.

Hello!

On 09/26/2013 09:03:00 AM Thu, Asymptote wrote:
Hello, everyone.

I am new to Balsa. I like it because it is very fast and lightweight. Thank
you very much for your work.

Glad you like it.

Just a small problem.

In thread view. If you click "Ctrl+L" to collapse all threads. This is very
clean for view large amount of mails.  But now the key "N" and "P" will go
to next and previous threads. If you want to view the replies, you have to
click the small triangles one by one. This is actually very slow operation.
The only fast way is to expand all the threads.

So i suggest add some extra keys would be better:

1. Besides "Ctrl+E" and "Ctrl-L" to expand and collapse all threads. Add
another two keys to expand and collapse the selected thread, for example "E"
and "L".

The message list is implemented as a GtkTreeView, and inherits its key bindings.  In particular,
shift-cursor-right recursively expands a collapsed row, and shift-cursor-left collapses an expanded row.

2. Besides "N" and "P" key to go next and previous thread, add another two
keys to go next and previous siblings inside thread, for example "J" and
"K".

Navigating within a collapsed thread is way outside GtkTreeView's actions, so implementing that would definitely belong in Balsa.  It
should be possible, but I'm not sure about "J" and "K" as the keys--how about shift-N and shift-P?  They don't seem to
be currently assigned.  We would also short but meaningful menu entries--I'm not sure how to get across the meaning "next message in
thread, even if its currently invisible" :)

Best,