Re: Help required

	Hi again, Michele,

On 29.09.2012 12:20:50, Michelle Knight wrote:
I've had a lot of food for thought while I've been sat here, importing
folders.

Initially, I had problems importing the thunderbird mail in to balsa.
It didn't seem like thunderbird could export mail in a format which
could be read by balsa. After reading posts on search engines on the
subject, potentially renaming files, etc. I ended up in claws.

Claws had an import option whereby I could just click on the
thunderbird mail box and in came the mails.

yeeau!
1. first off, I wrote you that you don't really need to waste your time _importing_ mail, just moving it to a Balsa Mail folder. 2. Claws is rich in its plugins (I say it again!), but loses in HTML handling, which is considerably better in Balsa, though still incomplete.
    So I wont be surprised when you come back to Balsa :)

[...]
I've also noted that although claws says that its boxes are mboxes, the
emails are stored in individual files; and when I saw that, I wondered
whether the port from claws to balsa would be as easy as I hoped.

That thing is either Maildir or MH, both supported by Balsa (wrote ya previously!).
The user's choice, to be honest.

Regards,
--
Ildar Mulyukov,  free SW designer/programmer
email: ildar users sourceforge net