Re: Opening mailboxes from the command line

On 10/24/2011 06:56:38 AM Mon, Konrad Hinsen wrote:
> BTW, an undocumented option is a semicolon-separated list of mailboxes after -o.  Probably best to have the first in the list showing when they've all been opened?

I would probably expect it to be the last, but it doesn't really matter for the use case I have in mind, where only one mailbox would ever be specified.

I agree, for anyone who's looked at how command-line arguments are parsed, it makes sense that the last will be left showing.

The issue with 'show last' is that, in the simplest implementation, each mailbox is shown as it's opened, so the last is left showing.  So each mailbox flashes by as it's opened.  A smoother implementation would be to open the first mailbox, and leave it showing until the last mailbox is opened, then switch to that one.  The extra logic doesn't seem worthwhile.  It's all academic, as the main use case is yours, with a single mailbox, I'm sure.

Best,