unwanted splitting of messages

Hi,
my balsa-2.4.8 (GIT) has a very annoying bug.
Sometimes it splits incoming messages.

Here I have an mbox-file first written by postfix.
I doubt the message comes this way from postfix since
earlier when I used a different mail client, I have never
seen such "splittings"

I have attached one such email.
What I see in Balsa:

First part: listed as   "david kahl  Re:[gentoo-user]emerge depclean
gcc
----------------------------------
2010/10/21 Michael Hampicke <gentoo-user hadt biz>:
>\u200b
>> May I just unmerge my old gcc ?
>> Is it save ?
>\u200b
> Yes it's save to unmerge your old gcc.
> You could also - using quickpkg - create a binary package of your old
> gcc before unmerging (for backup puropses).
>\u200b
----------------------------------

second part: listed as   <blank author>     (No subject)
-----------------------------------
instructions already posted).

However, for myself, I use tons of third party physics software, among
other things.  A lot of it is not very recent, and sometimes they are
picky about which gcc compiles is (and sometimes I need a shell script
to switch the gcc for execution of those programs and switch back
afterward...joy!)

So if you do a lot of compiling of external programs that are not as
well maintained and updated, there's not a lot of reason to *unmerge*
an old gcc.  There are two reasons to actually remove gcc's in my
opinion: revdep-rebuild wants to reinstall all of them, you need the
disk space.

I have 10 options under gcc-config.  I'm not at all recommending this
to everyone, but just making the point that, depending on what other
things you have going on, it's a good idea to check any third party
stuff, at the very least, before just removing it, since there's not
much harm in keeping a few extra gccs around for rainy days.

~daid

Any help is every much appreciated,
Helmut.