Re: Switching mailboxes

On 2010.07.10 07:44, Peter Bloomfield wrote:
A recent bug[1] relates to Balsa's practice of automatically switching to another mailbox when you ask for the next unread message and the current mailbox has no more unread messages. When that feature was added, code was included for popping up a dialog asking for confirmation that you really want Balsa to make the switch, but it seemed intrusive and has always been commented out.

The reporter asks for a preferences option to enable the confirmation dialog. It could be added to the "Main window" group on the "Display options" page, perhaps:

[ ] Ask me before switching to another mailbox to show an unread message.

But Balsa already offers a plethora of options, presumably intimidating to a new user. Is the current practice annoying, and sufficiently so to make installing the option worthwhile?

Thanks for any thoughts!

I have no problem with the current behavior of going to the next mailbox. I also don't see a problem adding the option. If the list of options is already intimidating, adding one won't change it.

However, what about the possibility of dividing all the options into basic and advanced, default to only displaying the basic ones, and having a button on the options page to display advanced or all options? (I believe VLC has something like this.)

Additional question here - in most cases, requesting next unread with no unread in the current mailbox takes me to the next unread message. However, I have one case where it often goes the the right mailbox, but displays the last selected message in that box, and I have to select next unread again to actually go the the new message.

Jack