Re: problem parsing mbox files

On 09/07/2008 10:16:05 PM, Jack Ostroff wrote:
Recently, Balsa (2.3.22 under Gentoo Linux, AMD64, 2.6.25 kernel) has started misparsing some of my mbox mail files. (I know, as soon as a I resolve this, I'm switching to another format.) Manually looking at /var/mail/jack with emacs, there are a dozen messages. Balsa shows seven in my inbox. If I copy that file to ~/mail/xxx, Balsa only shows one message. I have several other mbox files in ~/mail/ and Balsa reads most of them correctly, but misses messages in a few. I don't see anything obviously wrong looking at those files in emacs.

Would you please report the version of your gmime library? I think 2.2.16 to 20 had various bugs, some of them could cause similar symptoms. I am on 2.2.21 and it behaves very sanely. You can also clear your header cache in ~/.balsa/ directory. You should do it preferably by changing the name so that one could inspect them if the need be.

Pawel