Re: balsa hung

Hi,

On 10/01/2008 10:11:48 AM, Pawel Salek wrote:
On 09/30/2008 03:59:36 PM, Mario Mikocevic wrote:
Hi,

deleting huge amount of e-mails in mailbox can seemingly hang balsa.
I wrote seemingly because I gave up on waiting after 4 hours.

howto ->

mbox format of e-mails
consisting of a LOT of simple e-mails
  (ie daily report of something with subject 'A type' or subject 'B type')
open that mailbox
sort by subject
select only subject 'A type'
click 'Trash/Delete'
choose menu 'Mailbox' then 'Expunge Deleted Messages'
go on some loooong vacation .. :)

Did it use any CPU at that time, or it looked more like a deadlock (no response but no CPU usage either)?

CPU usage 100% ..

I remember the expunging could sometimes be really slow (the time per message is not constant but rather depends on the number of messages in the mailbox) but 4 hours is definitely excessive....

Yep, but every time I did ctrl-z in gdb it was the very same spot in 'where' .. btw mutt(1) deleted same amount (in my case 8300 from 17000)
in about a minute ..

--
T-Com
Sektor za upravljanje mrežom i uslužnim platformama /