Re: Bug 562752: Some icons are not visible while no gtk-icon-theme-name is set

Hi Jack:

On 12/29/2008 06:53:30 PM Mon, Jack Ostroff wrote:
On 2008.12.28 20:20, Peter Bloomfield wrote:
Sorry--that patch required a recent svn tree. Please try the attached. It /may/ mess up the size of your notebook tab buttons, but that can be fixed.
Near as I can tell, the patch applied fine, but it actually makes things worse. Not only are the missing icons still missing, but the little icons next to the mailbox folder names are also now mostly all missing. However, with the "fix" I applied before (creating ~/.gtkrc-2.0 with the single line 'gtk-icon-theme-name = "gnome"') the main icons are OK, but still not the little ones.

Thanks for testing it!

Evidently this gtkrc magic is beyond my skills:( The patch was intended to be equivalent to creating ~/.gtkrc-2.0 with that line, and obviously it failed. At this point, I'm not sure we can offer any advice to non-Gnome users better than to create such a file. But we should clearly not distribute code with the patch.

Are those the "notebook tab buttons" you refer to?

The "notebook tab buttons" are the close buttons that are shown if you check View:Show Notebook Tabs.

Best,