Re: What am I missing?

On Saturday 02 August 2008 00:49:46 Geoffrey Leach wrote:
> On 08/01/2008 04:14:32 PM, Bruno Miguel wrote:

> > > As far as I know, yes. What puzzles me is why Balsa would, in
> > > any event, want to use pt_BR, which I understand to be support
> > > for Brazilian Portuguese?
> >
> > Yes, pt_BR is Brazilian Portuguese. But this distintion will stop
> > in a
> >
> > few years.
> >
> > When you try to write an email, is the language you want availabe
> > in the spellchecking tool? I just had to select the correct
> > language - after installing the correct packages, of course - and
> > that was it.
> >
> > When compiling, did you pass the spell flag?
>
> The complaint about pt_BR comes from the spellchecking tool.
> Balsa's language selection is set to English (American)
>
> Balsa was installed from the Fedora 9 i386 rpm

I didn't follow this thread from the beginning, so I may be
misunderstanding something. So, let's see if I'm understanding
correctly.
You installed Balsa and the spellchecking tool was set to pt_BR,
although the English language was available in that tool. If so, it's
probably because you have a pt_BR language package installed. But,
when I compiled balsa, I noticed the presence of pt_BR, although I
didn't, if I recall it correcly, had installed all the packages
needed.
If it's the second "option", I'm glad it was not a paranoia of mine.
Unfortunately, I won't be much helpfull in that, due to my inability
to code (only know hello worlds, and not that good).