Re: Mail checking delayed

Heya,

On 09/25/2007 12:59:53 PM, Andreas Schmidt wrote:

On 09/05/2007 10:41:10 PM, Andreas Schmidt wrote:

> I have a strange problem here. It seems that Balsa does not recognize
> immediately when mail has arrived in an open mailbox.

The problem persists. After it is started, everything works correctly
for a while; the status of the open mailboxes is updated regularly, and
when I manually check for new mail I get notified immediately.

After a while, though, when I manually check for new mail the pop-up
just doesn't get away, the process seems to be frozen. There is a
"Hide"-Button, but clicking it doesn't really help -- it just hides the
pop-up, but doesn't cancel the operation. Consequently, <CTRL>-<M> does
nothing and I have to wait until Balsa somehow notices new mail in
*some* open mailboxes where new mail has arrived. On closing/reopening
or changing the properties of a mailbox, the status of that particular
mailbox is updated, however.

I have the same problem ! :)

Yes, I'm also using fetchmailed-procmailed-local-mbox files too.

Any idea what might be wrong? It's really getting to the point where
this behavior becomes a major PITA -- for the time being I have resumed
to use find and mutt for quickly checking all my mboxes for changes
once Balsa gets stuck, but obviously that solution is sub-optimal. :-)

Recently I noticed one peculiar thing - I can almost reliably reproduce that
popup box hang if I force balsa process into swap file (or partition).
Wrote almost because of 5 attempts it hung 3 times ..

Any problems with balsa threads and swap ?

--
T-Com
Sektor za profesionalne usluge i poslovna rješenja za IP /