Re: Moving maildir folders

	Hi!

On 19.12.2007 10:13:50, David Elwell wrote:

I am about to install a new version of Linux, and I want to make sure that I don't mess up my saved balsa messages.

Doing backup of your $HOME would make you sleep better at nights.

Will it work if I simply copy the folders in my mail directory to an external drive and then copy them back into the mail directory when I have Linux and balsa reinstalled?

Is there a better way? Can anything go wrong?

Generally having saved you full home directory (which is /home/USERNAME) across Linux versions/distros doesn't hurt, but sometimes you can have unexpected issues.

Bottom-line: save your $HOME and use it in your new Linux. Make sure that your uid is the same in old and new systems.grep $USER /etc/passwd

Best regards, Ildar.
--
Ildar  Mulyukov,  free SW designer/programmer/packager
email: ildar altlinux ru