Re: few balsa annoyances and one bug

Thanks a lot for these reports - we really appreciate them. See below for some suggestions and follow-up questions.

On 08/21/2007 10:49:20 AM, Mario Mikocevic wrote:
Hi,

upgraded recently to 'official' rpm packet -> balsa-2.3.17-2.fc7
and then problems started surfacing -

sometimes when I compose and send new message, along with that message
balsa sends one _more_ message from outbox, old one that is sent few
hours/days before.

Oh, this is bad. The old one should have been removed permanently from the outbox. Do you get any indication about what could go wrong? If you start balsa from a terminal window, does anything get printed on the console? Do you have your home dir on local directory, or is it some kind of NFS? We should really solve this problem as it may be a tip of an iceberg, really.

when composing new message, if I'm idling for some time popbox with some
_very_ confusing info about UTF-8 converting show up, confusing because I'm
not sure what will happen if I click Cancel or Ok ..

Good point. I think we could just safely save such messages as UTF-8 unless the user requests otherwise.

my balsa process is started along with X, meaning that I never exit it while
my desktop is running,
sometimes when I log in the next day and press 'Check' balsa just pops info
box and never ever
finishes checking new email ..

desktop is F7 updated with all incoming mail fetched with fetchmail and
processed with procmail
into mailbox local files.

If I understand correctly, you do not use balsa to fetch mail via POP3? If that's, the case, it will simplify debugging...

Pawel