Re: few balsa annoyances and one bug

Am 21.08.07 11:31 schrieb(en) Pawel Salek:
when composing new message, if I'm idling for some time popbox with some _very_ confusing info about UTF-8 converting show up, confusing because I'm not sure what will happen if I click Cancel or Ok ..

Good point. I think we could just safely save such messages as UTF-8 unless the user requests otherwise.

Dumb question - why do we tell the user /at all/ that the message will be encoded in utf-8 instead of iso-8859? IMHO the purpose of the language menu is only to select the right spell checker dictionary. I simply don't *want* to care about the details how the message is encoded and transmitted. Utf-8 is perfectly allowed by the standards. And if any ancient MUA's doesn't implement these standards properly, it's simply not our problem. So I would opt for removing that confusing dialogue completely (maybe pop up a libnotify message, but that already seems to be too much),
Just my € 0.01, though...

Cheers, Albrecht.

--
Albrecht Dreß - Johanna-Kirchner-Straße 13 - D-53123 Bonn (Germany)
       Phone (+49) 228 6199571  -  mailto:albrecht dress arcor de