Re: Flow flaws

On 2006.05.09 09:51, Mark Flacy wrote:
On 2006.05.09 09:01, Mişu Moldovan wrote:

[snip]

Balsa by default inserts in the messages that it creates at the end of every line an " =20" expression. That seems to be a "hard wrap" that mail clients use it to always wrap lines whenever they bump into it. However, some clients insert in the mails they generate just a "soft wrap" consisting only of one "=" which make the mail clients wrap lines more liberally, expanding lines to the entire width of the available space in the current view. I would also prefer the "soft wrap", it seems so much better, why isn't it enabled by default?

Well, the "Format=Flowed" declaration in the header resulted in a perfect re-wrap of your e-mail.

Of course, when you *do* set "Format=Flowed", you cannot send any preformatted ascii tables or block indented paragraphs.

Re-wrapping an indented reply is such a pain in the butt sometimes, even with the "select the whole reply and rewrap" solution. Multiple spaces appear when doing that and most of the times I end up re-wrapping it by hand. Arggghhh... How do the other mailers do it?

I really hate to say it, but Balsa absolutely sucks in its handling of quoted text. I should reply to this message just to show how bad it can be.

Hmm.  Not bad at all.

It must be the source of all evil, MicroSoft Outlook, which screws up my work e-mails to the point of head-pounding bad text formatting.

I was wrong.  Sorry.