Re: Sorting the message index panel for MicroSoft Exchange IMAP mailboxes.

On 06/27/2006 04:28:42 PM, Mark Flacy wrote:
[snip]
Ah, but clicking the table headers in the message index panel for an
IMAP mailbox that's provided by a MicroSoft Exchange server gives
seemingly random results for any column other than the message number.
 Weird.  I don't know what you guys could do to fix this, assuming
that it's a balsa problem at all and not a misconfigured Exchange
server.

So, it was the lack of server-side sorting on Exchange side, and lack of client-side sort fallback for imap mailboxes on balsa side. I have just commited the patch that we discussed - with one more extension needed for handling of simultaneous filtering and sorting.

Pawel