Re: Compiling 2.2.6 on Ubuntu

Am 2005.01.14 08:29 schrieb(en) Misu Moldovan:
Steffen Klemer wrote:
Am 2005.01.13 23:13 schrieb(en) Pawel Salek:

On 01/13/2005 03:22:09 AM, Syv Ritch wrote:

I am trying to install 2.2.6 on Debian Ubuntu. I get the followng
error
message:

> ... Package libgnome-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search
path.
> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libgnome-2.0.pc'
> No package 'libgnome-2.0' found

I don't have libgnome-2.0 but I do have libgnome2-0.

As it was mentioned earlier, you probably can use debian package. If you actually prefer to compile it, you will need libgnome2-0-dev (or similar) and several other *development* packages.

Indeed, this is the recommended way of doing it. If fact, this is how I compiled debs of Galeon and Mplayer (not trivial) for my Ubuntu installation at work. Unfortunately it didn't work for Balsa. Don't remeber exactly why... Circular dependencies? Different package names in Ubuntu? Something definetely didn't work as with Galeon and Mplayer.

Have you installed libgnome2-dev?
If there you get similar messages just search on packages.debian.org for the mentioned file (libgnome-2.0.pc) and install the providing package.

cu
/Steffen

--
 /"\
 \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign    |  "The best way to predict