Re: Missing options

On 10/13/2004 01:13:09 PM, Albrecht Dreß wrote:
[ snip ]
I don't think it's a good idea to use *different* formats without a good reason in the same application. So IMHO balsa should use either the locale format *or* the user-defined one in both the headers and the list. The locale method has the drawback that less experienced users may have problems to tweak .bashrc/.cshrc, so I guess the prefs gui setting is the preferred method.

The user pref controls the message display date, with a default of "%x %X", which should adapt to the locale. The mailbox index date is currently hard-coded as the same string, so it doesn't change when the user chooses a different format. The case for treating them consistently is strong--cvs has been fixed to make the user pref control both. When a transparent way of setting the locale is available, we can change the pref manager to point the user to it, and simplify the pref manager a little!