Re: Balsa Address Book

On 10/10/04 15:50:03, Steffen Klemer wrote:
Am 2004.10.10 21:32 schrieb(en) Margo Skinner:
> I am new to Linux. I have been running Gnome with Fedora Core2 for a
 > couple of months.
 >
> I installed balsa 2.0.17 a couple of days ago and I like it a lot, but > I cannot get the address book entries from gnomecard into the address
 > book.
 >
 > I have done mail.gnome.org searches, forum searches and Google
> searches and also have gone through the help manual, but I wasn't able
 > to find the answer to my problem.
I had a similar problem when I first began to populate GnomeCard with data. I initially input about 12 records to GnomeCard but noticed that only one record appeared in the Balsa address book . That particular record was the only one with email data. I know this sounds rather elementary but I would start there.

Bob Perry

> I went through the preferences dialog and set up a VCARD address book > as the default. I have tried 'Pilot Address Book', GnomeCard Address
 > Book and just gnomecard for names with the file name always
 > /home/margo/.gnome/GnomeCard.grcd.

Does GnomeCard save into /home/margo/.gnome/GnomeCard.grcd ?
Does this file exist and does it contain your data?

Your ~/.gnome2/balsa would be helpful as well (plz cut off your password before sending ;)

btw (offtopic) How did you get your gmail-account? <-> I'm looking for an own one for ages...??

cu
/Steffen

--
/"\
\ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign    |  "The best way to predict