balsa gpg with pinentry?

Cheers,

I tried following the instructions at
http://home.arcor.de/dralbrecht.dress/balsa/head-gpgme.html
for caching passphrases, but it still somehow doesn't work, most likely because debian sid doesn't provide the right packages:

$ dpkg -l | egrep '(libgcrypt|libksba|libassuan|dirmgr|pinentry|gnupg)'
ii  gnupg          1.2.5-3        GNU privacy guard - a free PGP
ii  libassuan-dev  0.6.7-1        IPC library for the GnuPG comp
ii  libgcrypt1     1.1.12-8       LGPL Crypto library - runtime library
ii  libgcrypt11    1.2.0-10       LGPL Crypto library - runtime library
ii  libgcrypt11-de 1.2.0-10       LGPL Crypto library - development
ii  libgcrypt7     1.1.90-9       LGPL Crypto library - runtime library
ii  libksba-dev    0.9.9-2        X.509 and CMS support library
ii  libksba8       0.9.9-2        X.509 and CMS support library
ii  pinentry-gtk   0.7.1-5        GTK+-based PIN or pass-phrase entry

Do I really need newer-than-bleeding-edge packages to get pinentry working with balsa?

The instructions on the abovementioned page are a little confusing, as it seems as though the instructions for getting pinentry to work have been intermixed with instructions on getting gpgsm, with the result being that I don't know which steps are required to get pinentry working, and which are not.

Any help would be appreciated, and I'd be happy to document the process once I have it working.

Cheers,
	Kacper

--
I do not need HTML email, virus warnings or unsolicited forwards.
Get my GnuPG public key from pgp.mit.edu.