Re: which GMIME version pre-req for Balsa 2.2.5?

On 11/16/2004 05:17:12 PM, Jerry wrote:
However, when I execute the above rpmbuild --recompile on the Balsa src rpm, it is building, but not installing, the GMIME 2.1.9 included in the Balsa src rpm (see below), so ultimately fails due to the dependency. I assume it should not really be necessary to extract the GMIME (2.1.9) from the Balsa src rpm and rebuild it separately (first)?

There are at least two ways to solve it:
1. remove gmime-2.0.14:
rpm -e gmime-2.0.14

2. modify spec file to overrride installed packages with the one coming with balsa:
rpm -i balsa-2.2.4-*src.rpm
edit /usr/src/redhat/SPEC/balsa.spec and change line:
PKG_CONFIG_PATH="$PKG_CONFIG_PATH:gmime-%{gmimever}"
to read
PKG_CONFIG_PATH="gmime-%{gmimever}:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH"
and then build the package:
rpmbuild -ba /usr/src/redhat/SPEC/balsa.spec

Pawel