balsa crashes on compose when I type the address

I'm getting a core dump on "signal 6" when ever I compose/forward/reply
to a message and begin to type the e-mail address in the To/CC/BCC
boxes.  It's like balsa chokes when it tries to respond to my
keystrokes.  Not sure if this is a hangup with gnome libraries or with
balsa, but it doesn't happen any other time.  I can copy/paste e-mail
addresses into the To/CC/BCC fields just fine.

Didn't see anything on this in bugzilla or the listserv archives.

Any ideas?  If someone points me to a known trouble spot in the code I
can write a patch for the project.

Thanks!

Richard Schilling