Re: balsa 2.1 and the filters

On 06/04/2004 02:41:00 PM, Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh) wrote:
[ snip ]
One of my filter (he one for the balsa list) is:

[filter-10]
Name=balsa
Operation=1
Sound=
Popup-text=
Action-type=2
Action-string=file:///home/jean-luc/mail/+balsa-list
Condition=STRING 16 "List-Id" "Balsa email client <balsa-list. gnome.org>"

OK, that looks fine--I can even import it into my own config file, with my own path substituted.

[condition-filter-10:0]
Type=1
Condition-not=false
Match-fields=16
User-header=List-Id
Match-string=Balsa email client <balsa-list.gnome.org>

That's unused in 2.1--the condition is saved as part of the filter definition--but it's harmless. But there should be another section where this filter is attached to a mailbox, with a `MailboxFilters=balsa' line--do you see that?

[ switching to GUIfilter ]
You don't by any chance have another [view-nn] section with the same URL, do you?

At a first glance, no. This configuration file is working fine with 2.0, do I have to rebuilt one with 2.1? Or are they compatible?

They're supposed to be compatible: 2.1 has some code for compatibility with the 2.0 config file, but it may not be perfect...