Re: Balsa 2.2.0 end user impressions

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 16:56:58, Craig Routledge wrote:
I thought of this, however my ISP doesn't give a connection refused on port 587 -- it just sits there forever. I confirmed this with telnet. So when

On 07/24/2004 07:46:13 PM, Carlos Morgado wrote:
Ah. Broken people and their stupid firewalls :\

Yeah, well -- they've blocked ping and apparently every other port on that machine by dropping the packets instead of rejecting them. I suppose it's designed to slow ne'er-do-wells down, but you think they could at least reject on port 587.

Unfortunately it's one of the biggest ISPs in Canada, and the only one available in many areas. And I'm sure they're not the only ones doing it, so the issue will continue to crop up for new users.